Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our New Book Group for Graphic Novels

Last Wednesday we launched our new reading group dedicated to comics and graphic novels, and I think it’s fair to say the evening was a huge success. So before I go any further I’d like to thank all those who turned up and made it such a fun evening full of interesting ideas and lively debate.

As this was our first time, and indeed the first time for trying such a specific group, we began by talking about comics or graphic novels that we really like. I enthused about Batman: Year One, and from there we discovered fans of comics ranging from Naruto, through Deadpool, to David Boring. For those of you who were there don’t worry I shan’t mention Year One again, but Commissioner Gordon is very good in it isn’t he? Here he is looking moody and awesome.