do you remember at the beginning of December, I wrote a blogpost letting you know that Haringey Council had accepted our proposal to put on a Literary Festival in Wood Green and awarded us £10,000 of their High Street Innovation Fund.
Exciting stuff, eh?
The council have now sent us out remit and given us targets to achieve.
They're something like this
The Big Green Bookshop will develop partnerships to deliver a “Wood Green Literary Festival” that that will encourage footfall and promote the economic and cultural vitality of Wood Green Town Centre.
The festival will run for three days and will be delivered at a range of venues around Wood Green that will showcase the local cultural and retail offer.
· Management and delivery of a three day festival
· 180 Wood Green Businesses supported through initiatives
· 5 arts/cultural centres delivering events
· 5 retailers/bars/restaurants delivering events
· 4 schools involved in delivering events
· 15% increase in footfall during events
· 6 articles/features in London Media
· 2 articles/features in National Media
· 1 social media marketing campaign delivered
· 20,000 Haringey residents targeted through promotional activity
· 10,000 residents from other boroughs targeted through promotional activity
So there we have it.Now we have the remit, we can now set up a couple of open meetings in which we are inviting anyone and everyone who wants to get involved with the Literary Festival to come along and offer help, opinions and ideas.
The first of these meetings is going to be this Thursday February 7th, in the bookshop at 7.00pm.
Don't get there too early as we have a film crew in the shop until about 6.45pm.
We'll provide refreshments and i'll try and get someone from the Council along.
The second meeting will be on Tuesday Febraury 19th at 7.00pm
If you can't make the meetings but want to be involved, NOW is the time to email the shop. (enquiries at biggreenbookshop dot com). At this stage we are just getting all the information together. Once we've gone through all your ideas etc, we'll then be able to add a little bit of structure to the festival.
This is going to involve lots of hard work and if we're going to do this right we're going to need all the help and support we can get.
The Festival has the potential to be one of the most exciting things to happen in Wood Green for years, and we hope as many peolpe and businesses in the area will help our dream become a reality.