We hope you like this idea. I have to admit it was Scott Pack that suggested something like this to me, but i'm prepared to take as much of the credit as I possibly can.
It's so lovely, I almost want to take it to the pictures and buy it some popcorn.
When deciding what to read next, book reviews on blogs are fast becoming a more useful resource than those found in most newspapers. As such, the Big Green Bookshop in cosmopolitan Wood Green has been in touch with some of the most high profile book bloggers out there and asked each of them to recommend a different book each month for our customers. We’ve set no guidelines for their book choices except that they choose a book that they really like. So it could be something old, something new, something borrowed or something blue…steady now.
We’ve had a fantastic response from the bloggers and we really appreciate the time they’ve taken in agreeing to do this. We’re delighted to be introducing this exciting new initiative, which no doubt will be stolen within 6 months.
I’ve listed the bloggers, their blogs and also their book choices here. You can find their reviews on the Big Green Bookshop Website by following this link and also you’ll be able to see a beautiful bookcase in the shop dedicated to this new initiative.
Here is the Dovegreyreader entry.
• Scott Pack – Me and My Big Mouth Blue Fox by Sjon
• Lynne Hatwell – Dovegreyreader Snow Geese by William Fiennes
• Jackie Bailey– Farm Lane Books Blog A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
• Simon Thomas – Stuck in a Book True Deceiver by Tove Jannson
• Lizzy Siddall – Lizzy’s Literary Life Clara by Janice Galloway
• Victoria Hoyle – Eve’s Alexandria The Lizard Cage by Karen Connelly
• Karen Howlett – Cornflower Books Henrietta’s War by Joyce Denny
• Elaine Simpson-Long – Random Jottings The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer
• Tom Cunliffe – A Common Reader Legend of a Suicide by David Vann
• Rosy Barnes et al – Vulpes Libris Somewhere Towards the End by Diana Athill
We’re really proud to be associated with these bloggers whose passion for books is plain to see. We’re surprised and delighted already by their varied and interesting book choices and we hope that this will inspire you to try something new.
Look out for a new choice each month.
I'll be producing a mighty window tomorrow, which I was going to do today but a class from a local school turned up and bought half of the kids section and then another teacher came in and bought the other half.