Let's just stop and think about that for a second.
So, we are a shop. We try to sell books. Mostly we sell books to people who come into our bookshop and choose a delightful treat from our carefully chosen selection. We love these people. If you are one of those people, we love you. Please continue doing this. x
|Some of our delightful selection|
But sometimes people buy books from us online. It's always a nice surprise when this happens, for lots of reasons. Here are some of them.
1. People don't know that we sell books online.
2. Our website isn't the most user friendly, when it comes to buying books.
3. We only have about 200 books on our website, whereas we stock about 8,000 (and can get a further half a million titles within 24 hours).
4. We don't offer discounts on our books
What this blogpost is shamelessly trying to do, is encourage people to buy books from us. It's January and it's cold and the shop is quiet, so now is as good a time as any.
So, in answer to the four potential stumbling blocks listed above..
1. You now know that we sell books online.
2. Whilst our website isn't the most user friendly, you can send your order via numerous methods including;
- Email (enquiries at biggreenbookshop dot com).
- Fill this form out on our website.
- Tweet me @biggreenbooks
- Take a chance and tackle the user unfriendliness of the website.
4. We offer FREE P+P in the UK. That's almost like a £2.80 discount right there!
And what's more WE ARE OFFERING A DISCOUNT. Especially for all of you who read this blog. When you place an order online, if you use the secret word "SPLINTERS", you will get a 10% discount on your order.
So if you're emailing or tweeting an order or you're ordering through the form on our website, if you use the word SPLINTERS in your enquiry, we'll give you a 10% discount. We've also set this up as our discount code on the website.
Which is very handy if you want to order a copy of Splinters by Joseph D'Lacey .
Also, and here's something else we discovered. If you have one of those Book Token Gift cards....
And finally, if all this isn't enough, we'll put a sticker on the parcel saying "Mmmmm, new books".
This is the dealbreaker.