As I said in the blogpost, we're looking for independent bookshops, who are looking for a credible opportunity to sell ebooks to get in touch with us. This seems like a very authentic solution. Here's what Readcloud offer.
- around a 35% discount on downloads
- bookshops don't have to do anything to process the sales, it's all done for you.
- The look & feel of the e-book section of your website will match that of your existing website. Here is an example of what it looks like. This is a test site for Nigel's shop.
- You can decide the books that are highlighted on the website.
- The prices of the books on sale are negotiable (not necessarily r.r.p.)
- There are over 100,000 books available to download (all major publishers are included, and many smaller imprints) and the number of publishers signing up to it is increasing all the time.
Nigel French from Cole's Bookshop has been a real star. He's been championing Readcloud, and between us we're trying to work out a really authentic e-book solution that works for bookshops in the UK.
This is the big bit.
If you want to sell ebooks, this is a big opportunity. PLEASE get in touch. All you have to do say you're interested. You don't have to sign anything, you don't have to pay anything. You just have to get in touch.
WE NEED YOU TO EXPRESS AN INTEREST.
The more bookshops who get involved, the more chance it'll happen.
If you don't like it, you don't have to sign up, but please give it a look.
020 8881 6767
I think this is a real opportunity.