It's an Australian company called Readcloud.
- the bookshop gets around 35% of the download price.
- bookshops don't have to do anything to process the sales, it's all done for you.
- The look & feel of the e-book section of your website will match that of your existing website. Here is an example of what it looks like. This is a test site for Nigel's shop.
- You can decide the books that are highlighted on the website.
- The prices of the books on sale are negotiable (not necessarily r.r.p.)
- There are over 100,000 books available to download (all major publishers are included, and many smaller imprints) and the number of publishers signing up to it is increasing all the time.
Once that's done, then, in theory, it's good to go.
To the 30 or so Bookshops who've expressed an interest, we are almost there.