I've got 20 minutes spare before I head off to the shop, and sorry I've not posted for a couple of days. Tim and I are doing long days at the moment, and we're both a bit pooped. I've left my camera at the shop, but i'll take some more pictures today and post them later. With 3 days to go here's the state of play...
- The bags have arrived
- The sign hasn't
- Martin from Bertrams is working with us, installing the stock control system
- We've now unpacked all the boxes we've got
- we need more books
- The flyer's been made and being printed today
- The debit card pin machine (pdq) is 'definitely arriving on Friday'.
- The skip is being taken away 'hrunsday'. We aren't quite sure whether that means Wednesday or Thursday
- The balloons are arriving tomorrow
- The till is being installed today
- we have about 50 metres of bunting
- The electrician has now finished (we left the shop at 1am this morning)
- We've done interviews with the local paper and we think that we've got reporters from 5 publications coming on saturday
- We've found someone to be Maisy
- weve got the lollies on order
- The book tokens haven't arrived yet
- I'm sorry if I haven't replied to some of the e-mails i've had recently
- We're taking the coffee machine to the shop today
Tim and I are hanging on in there, and we're taking the last two signs down from the shop front today (there were six signs on the shop last week). Merchandising will be started tomorrow, although it's difficult not to play with all the lovely books that are sitting at vatious angles on the bookcases.
It's actually beginning to look like a bookshop now. You'd have hoped with 3 days to go it probably should.