Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am homewerk

Tim:

Yesterday my eldest (George, who I am allowed to mention - but for one blog only) had to do a newspaper article for his homework. He chose to do it about a bookshop. We had the following conversation.

George. "Dad, have you got any photos of your shop?"
Me, (Slightly disgruntled). "I haven't got a shop yet."
G. "What about the old shop?"
M. "There's this thing of me and Simon in front of the shed...."
G. "Yeah, that'll do."

So taking the picture, George proceeded to write the following article. (I have left all the original spellings, punctuations etc)

PARTNERS OPEN BOOKSHOP IN SHED
by george West.

on January 15th 2007 Tim West (45) and simen (39) opend up a bookshop in Wood green in Londen. Tim sase "this is a very proued moment four me" Simen said "this is rubbish." thay hove hade over 100000 cutimeis in one year alone, and Will Smith came all the way from belair to see this book shop. he said "this is by far the best book shop i ve been to." in foked will Smith cut the ribben to open the book shop on 15 January 2007. thare will be later updats on the shop later this year



This is, actually, a very proued moment for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! The Will Smith addition is inspired!

Kath McGurl said...

So are you REALLY going to get Will Smith to cut the ribbon on opening day? I might have to come all the way up from Bournemouth to see it/him/the shop...

Anonymous said...

I read the Will Smith element as a cunning play on WHSmith. Your son is a closet literary genius, clearly.

Lindsay said...

Fantastic! What a star! He's obviously very proud of you too.

Steerforth said...

'One day son, all this will be yours'

Vanessa said...

Brilliant - that'll be quoted in next week's Bookseller! But just a little surreal...

Angela Young said...

If a cutimeis is what I think it is, may you have many many many of them just as soon as the lawyers make it possible.

I love 'Keep on Smiling' and reading this post is the first time I have become helpless with laughter when reading a blog. (I am MATing which, if you decide to hop over to my blog, you will discover isn't what it looks as if it might be when spelled out on the page.)

StuckInABook said...

I want to by the new cd will in a plane - when will this be possible?