Monday, October 22, 2007

Site for Soar I's

Tim;

Simon should go on holiday more often. Site 1 - which was off - is now on again, and site 2 - which was on - is now pretty much off. But we are not totting up poultry just yet.

I spoke to the estate agent this morning, and he told me he had had six missed calls from site one's leaseholder's solicitor on Friday. He said he would call me back as soon as he had any news, and - surprise, surprise - HE DID! So, their solicitors are talking to our solicitors. Probably over a lovely round of golf.

The bank's security representative wrote me a lovely letter telling us we had to pop along to our solicitors to sign away another part of our souls, so things are moving on apace. The firm that handles the bank's security is called Glasgow Securities. Hmmm, I am wondering if my old boss, Chris Glasgow is branching out? (That's old as in ex. Not as in aged, he is a mere slip of a lad. The young whippersnapper)

I rang Simon to tell him the glad news, but he already knew. He's spoken to the estate agent himself this morning. He really knows how to kick-back and unwind, that boy.

I'm not used to writing the newsy posts. I should probably stick to the silly bugger ones, and leave the sensible ones to Simon, but he's on holiday, did I mention that? (end of running not-so-gag)

(Explanation of title; "Site" location of shop, "Soar" as in fly, or moving quickly, "I's" as in "I is on my own". I thought it was quite clever. I won't do it again, I promise)

3 comments:

Mark Thornton said...

Finally got around to linking from our blog to yours. Good luck with the lease negotiations. Ours were finally completed 3 months after we opened!

We officially relinquish our "new bookshop bloggers" title to yourselves. The very best of luck and please let us know if you need help with anything.

Mark & Nicki

Unknown said...

ahhh, you've found me out, so now you know my other Job!! Glasgow securities. Glad all is going well and I hope I get an invite to the opening day party soon! And being a slip of a lad I hope you have lots of jelly and ice cream!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, you've found me out, so now you know my other Job!! Glasgow securities. Glad all is going well and I hope I get an invite to the opening day party soon! And being a slip of a lad I hope you have lots of jelly and ice cream!