Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our Visit To The Bank


Simon;
We had an 11am appointment with the bank, and at 10.55am, we were in a well known stationers using a hole punch to put our business plan into a shiny folder. We'd scrubbed up nicely, and for the first time in 2 years I was in shirt and trousers. When I say this, I don't mean I walk around in socks and pants all day, you understand. Anyway, the visit was shorter than we'd expected, although fairly encouraging. The Small Business Advisor had a look at the business plan and we seemed to have covered all the questions she had.
We'll be getting a call today/tomorrow to let us know the outcome. The only slight downer was the timescale. It'll probably take around 4-5 weeks to get the loan, so it's going to make opening in November a bit of a challenge. But we're going ahead with the purchase of the lease at the same time so it's still possible.
I did an interview with an online arts website called artsub.co.uk which will appear on Thursday or Friday.
Tim's been thinking of some rather interesting marketing ideas, which we may 'perform' a week on Saturday, and he's also trying to get us in the local paper again with a couple of different stories. Hopefully more on that later.

On a different note, THANKYOU for all you calls, letters, emails, messages etc. of support and advice. These things help so much, and as Earl Hickey would say 'Do good things, and good things happen to you', so you're doing yourselves no harm either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim and Simon this is Mr anonymous with the three book deal. You know the berk on the Scott Packer site that forgot to leave his name and wants to set a deal up with the soon-to-be-top book shop? I've been away on holiday so it's taken me a while to get back to you. Oh, before I forget, Gary Davison, please to meet you both!

So it's looking like November for the opening? Only four weeks away!!! Like i said in my other email, I have my own construction company so I'm sure there must be some deal we can strike up now, if only to help you out with the internal refurb of the shop???? My books out in Feb 08, so let me know if you can think of a deal I'm open to suggestions ££££. my blogs at paperbooks.co.uk

all the best Gary