SPREAD THE WORD, SPREAD THE WORD.
Well, I certainly think so. I wrote about it here a couple of weeks ago and asked any interested bookshops to get in touch. Independent Bookshops can't ignore EBooks, and this offers, we think, the best deal.
Essentially, with ReadCloud
- the bookshop gets around 35% of the download price.
- bookshops don't have to do anything to process the sales, it's all done for you.
- The look & feel of the e-book section of your website will match that of your existing website. Here is an example of what it looks like. This is a test site for Nigel's shop.
- You can decide the books that are highlighted on the website.
- The prices of the books on sale are negotiable (not necessarily r.r.p.)
- There are over 100,000 books available to download (all major publishers are included, and many smaller imprints) and the number of publishers signing up to it is increasing all the time.
One of the big draws for me personally, is that ReadCloud is an Indie company, just like us. I like to support independent companies and I want to support this one.
Well, the good news is that Bookshops did get in touch.
I've been asking the shops if they'd let me name check them on here and so far the ones that have said yes include;
There are so far 26 bookshops overall, who've contacted us to say that they're interested. This is all getting very exciting, and now that momentum is gathering, we don't want it to stop.
If you are an Indie Bookshop, or you are reading this and thinking to yourself that maybe you know a bookshop that would be interested, please help spread the word.
This could be revolutionary.