Friday, May 01, 2009

Now what shall I write about today....

Let's have a look and see if there is anything interesting happening in the booktrade...
Carol Ann Duffy is going to be the new poet laureate. Mmm
Dan Brown's new book...nope

Oh hang on a minute, what's this...
The new Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is now out and available at TBGB
Yes, number 2 has hit the shelves.
Of course, as you know Bobobo is a man who can read other people's hair, as well as use his own hair to fight evil ne'er do wells (master of the Fist of the Nose Hair). Extreme tongue in cheek manga is the way forward, and this series (for now there is a volume 2, becomes a series) is going to be brilliant.

Anything else going on?
No, I think that's the most surprising bit of book trade news today. I wasn't expecting this out for a few more weeks.
If I've missed anything unexpected and surprising that no one was expecting please let me know.

Anyway, With less that 30 days to the end of the embarrassment that is the Betting Challenge, I already owe Scott Pack one Toblerone, which should have got to him after Christmas (but not this long after Christmas). So, as i'm £60+ behind at the moment, this month my bets will all be on stuff with odds of 50/1 or more. As the Alarm sang...
.
It will be glorious alright!

The asparagus season is upon us, so pasta and asparagus for tea tonight. Yum

No comments: