Sunday, July 19, 2009

Le Tour, Le Golf,

I've not mentioned sport on the blog for a while, so please allow me to indulge myself for a moment.

The Tour De France has been going for a couple of weeks now, and today (stage 15) is the stage that I predict that things are going to get very interesting. Big mountains men that the really strong riders will start to assert themselves.
I love that Lance Armstrong is back in the Tour, but I still reckon Carlos Sastre, my winning prediction last year, is going to do something amazing. Contador is the big favourite, and he showed he has the beating of Lance, but at 50/1 Sastre is well worth a pop.

The Open Golf is on too, and Tom Watson, at 59 years old, is leading he tournament going into the final round. It would be incredible if he won, but I suspect that Retief Goosen will do the business.

And apparently we now know how to play cricket as well. Can we snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. I wouldn't be at all surprised.

That's all the sports new, now back to the studio.

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Hi there, I thought I'd drop in and see what you're up to here... seems that if Tom Watson wins the Open Golf he may not be eligible to defend his title next year. At 60 he'll be too old to qualify. Time to revisit the rules?
Looking forward to meeting you on 30th July.

Leigh Russell said...

ps 'Snatch a draw from the jaws of victory' - no, you can't persuade me cricket is exciting, however dramatic your description.